Tuesday, May 12, 2015
Luxury beachfront villa Greece - Halkidiki
Designed in the early 1980’s by renowned Greek architect Petros Pikionis (whose father Dimitris was famous for creating the layout of the archaeological site surrounding the Acropolis in Athens) the buildings follow the traditional Pelioritiko style from Mt. Pelion. Finished by expert local craftsmen, the construction is luxurious with stone-tile roofs, external masonry walls made of local stone with designs and ornaments made of marble from the island of Tinos, exquisite doors, window frames and furnishings made of Oregon pine wood, and interior marble floors with inlaid decorations.
The greater area surrounding the property has only a few private houses, while the scenery is breathtaking with pine forests running down to the coastline, which is dented with numerous sandy beaches, washed by pristine waters. The property has 8,000 sq/m of beautifully landscaped gardens with more than 90 century-old pine trees providing for a unique micro climate, while the 600 meter coastline overlooking the bay of Toroni includes two private beaches, one with pebbles and one with fine sand accessible via a tunnel running under the provincial road.
There are 3 buildings on the property, the main villa with 3 levels, an independent guest house and a second, smaller independent guesthouse used by the groundskeeper year round. A large, fresh water swimming pool, an open air pavilion, outdoor BBQ area, as well as open and covered terraces for lounging and dining provide for relaxing and enjoyable moments throughout the day.
The main building has a surface of approx. 600 sq/ m spread over 3 levels.
Basement:Includes a large bedroom with bathroom (normally used for housekeeping staff), a cellar for wine and other food provisions and engine room. As is the case with the rest of the building, the construction of the basement is of high quality and quite different to regular house basements, with good natural lighting and ventilation.
Includes the following areas:
- Μain entrance of house with large hall and wooden staircase leading to upper floor
– Οffice room with bookcase, has also a single sofa bed and may be used as guest bedroom
– large living room on two levels, with a marble fireplace on the top level. The living room windows open up to the front terraces
and covered barbeque area
– dining room with large marble table
– large kitchen with breakfast area, equipped with all modern amenities
– toilet for guests
– large terraces surrounding the house, providing also two covered dining areas in the front (barbeque area with wooden roof
covered with stones) and side of the building (lunch area covered with thatched pergola)
Includes the following areas:
- two living rooms on either side of the staircase, one with fireplace, the other leading to a large veranda overlooking the whole property
– four identical in size large bedrooms with double beds, two in front with sea view and two in the back. All bedrooms have air conditioning and fireplace, as well as their own large terraces
– two fully equipped bathrooms with bathtub
– corridors with closets for linen, towels etc.
The independent guest house has an area of 120 sq/m, is located on the upper part of the property and comprises of the following areas:
- large living room with fireplace & sofa bed
– large bedroom
– large playroom
– small office space
– fully equipped bathroom with bathtub
– fully equipped kitchen
– veranda overlooking the property